Friday, March 4, 2011

Nike or Reebok – A Battle of Preference

I know tons of people that really get involved in their shoe choices. They are totally emotionally involved and if you say anything to critique their brand of choice you better watch our. I’ve noticed that the 2 brands that seem to go head to head most often are Nike and Reebok. My preference? Well, I always prefer Reebok, but am not going to get into a fight about it. I guess that I’ve had some Nike shoes in the past too. I remember the first time that I got a pair of shoes that just seem to fit perfectly and look just the way I wanted them to. It may not have impressed anyone else, since my shoes were just an ordinary pair of Reeboks off the shelf of an average department store, but it left an impression with me. It really felt like the fit and style were in perfect alignment for me that day. And I guess that’s where my personal love of Reeboks came in. Since them I’ve had some Reebok kicks that don’t fit very well at all and that I really didn’t end up caring for. One of the pairs of tennis shoes has the heel wear out within a very short amount of time and another just rubbed my foot and was not fun to wear.

But then there are these other people that don’t want to weigh in on the debate at all. They might be Adidas shoe followers, or sketchers or one of the many other types of tennis shoes, but they don’t get in the Nike versus Reebok debate at all. And there is another group of people that I should mention too – the people that don’t buy brand name shoes at all. They get the cheap no name shoes and don’t pay any attention to their she choice.

Choosing A Good Shoe

When choosing a good shoe, here are some basic pointers:

1. The Right Kind of Shoe

These days there way more options than when I was young and you just got tennies. There are running shoes, basketball shoes for on court and off whether high top or not, tennis shoes, walking sport shoes, general sport shoes and there are even more. the biggest difference seems to be between the running shoe and a walking shoe. These give you the best basic support during the activity. So make sure you take a minute to figure out what you will most likely be using the shoe for. Do not only buy it because it looks good at the store. Find out the function of the shoe and match it with your usual activity level.

2. The Right Price

You really can go all out in your shoe shopping, can’t you? You can spend hundreds of dollars on a single pair of shoes and it may only be good for one type of activity and send you back to the store to buy another for your next workout. Figure out how much it’s worth it to spend on the shoes BEFORE you go to the store. That way you can stick within the budget and not blow all your money in one place.

3. The Right Style

Looks are important, and you really don’t want to have your shoes look like you belong in a retirement village in Florida somewhere, do you? Find something that has the right amount of color, that will blend with many different outfits and be most functional. What if you don’t know what looks good and stylish? Well, that’s easy. Find any one of the thousands of people who are very opinionated and they will be delighted that you asked. Make sure they don’t sway you temporarily

4. The Brand You Want

And of course remember that people are watching which brand you choose. Decide it you want to be in the Reebok crowd, the Nike group or in one of the other segments of the population like the Adidas folks.

 

 

 

GINORMAsaurus Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment